Monday, November 25, 2013

Day 1 - Here We Go!

Okay, so today is November 25, 2013, and here.  We.  Go. 

Let's first discuss the name of my blog: Drop and Give Me Twenty.  I chose it because it has a "get your butt moving" ring to it and my goal is to drop 20 pounds.  Clever, right?  Yeah...I thought so, too.

I am a 36 year old single mother and have absolutely let myself partake in way too many indulgences over the past couple of months.  Ergo, my pants are ridiculously tight.  It is not a good look.  I have created this blog to document what I'll be eating, my workouts and my rants.  Some days I may do nothing but vent, so prepare yourselves.  I'm going to be attempting the Eat to Live diet by Dr. Fuhrman.  I know someone who has lost, and maintained a 20+ weight loss for over a year.  At my heaviest, I weighed 184 pounds.  Okay, okay - I was pregnant.  So let's say that my heaviest after I had my child was 170.  I was a walking circle.  I then found Body for Life and it completely changed my outlook on nutrition.  I also was lucky to meet some pretty great people on a weight loss board and have maintained those friendships over the past five years.  I'll try most anything but found that my "home" is with the iron. 

I actually love to workout.  Now, let me be specific - I like to lift weights; loathe running.  My idea of cardio is to just lift weights faster.  I have an obscene amount of workout clothes which I shall probably be documenting on this page as well.  I have a gym membership, believe in supplements and "treat" meals.  I love a good deal and whether it's on healthy foods, workout gear or clothing, you'll probably read about it as I am also a sharer.  Is that even a word?  (I just googled it.  It's a word.  Moving on...)

Where I stand now with weight, stats and Holy, Mary, Mother of God pictures.

Height: A staggering 5'2"
Weight: 143
Neck: 13.5"
Shoulders: 41.5"
Chest: 37"
Waist: 31.5"
Hips: 35"
Around Glute: 38"
Thigh: 22"
Calf: 14"

Brace yourselves:   Pictures

EDIT:  Mullllhahahahahaaaa... I deleted them!  That's right.  Poof! Be gone!  Why?  Because I have even more hideous pictures that shall be forthcoming as soon as I can get back in the gym :)

Lord.  Jesus...


My goals for today:  Today is my "cleanse" day.  Last night I drank something called Super Dieter's Tea.
If you are so inclined to try this, be prepared for a run of knees to chest type of pace when it starts taking effect.  Do NOT...I repeat...DO NOT think your body can handle three bags.  It's violent.  I advise against it. 
This morning I have had a cup of coffee (added a sweet n low and powdered creamer - that will be the last day I do this) and, so far, 16.9 oz of water.  Seeing as how it is now 9:30 am, I am behind on water intake.  I am going to shoot for a gallon a day.  Water helps flush out the impurities in your system, helps with skin (a HUGE problem area for me.  Wasn't this crap supposed to end in my teens?  Go figure.) and can help you feel "full" so as to not overeat.  I will be drinking a protein shake later which, while not on the "plan" for Eat to Live, I feel I'll need so as to not lose any (more) muscle mass.  My favorite protein as of now?  Hydro 4 Hard Whey Apple Tango Blast by Chaotic Labz. (you can buy it here along with their other flavors - with free shipping :) )  Deeeeelish! 

For the cleanse, I'll be doing a two day juicing with the "Hollywood 48 Hour Miracle Diet".  Don't judge me (I'm already doing that just by typing the name of the product), but I need to get rid of it and I might as well just use it and then be done with it.  There are way too many sugars (22 grams per serving) involved here - but let's just ease our way in to this.  I'm going to be going on a total carb and sugar withdrawals so better, for me, to work my way there.

I'll be going to the gym this evening and I think I'll reintroduce my body to working out.  An all over weight workout shall be had and I'll make sure to document exactly what I do.  I will end with at least 20 minutes of cardio.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment