Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Day 3: November 27, 2013: Rescue 9-1-1

Last night an exorcism was staged on my legs by a 5'1" 110 lb figure competitor.  She wrecked me.  Do you understand me?  W-R-E-C-K-E-D.  I was breathing like a woman in labor...with triplets.  While I outweigh the woman by a solid 30+ lbs, she was moving heavier weight and making it look easy.  I watched her in awe as she bee-bopped from weight to weight, supersetting EVERYTHING.  I was embarrassed.  Yep.  Totally embarrassed that I had let myself "go" so much that I had to sometimes drop weight to just my body weight.  Know what she did?  She cheered me on.  She told me that I was strong and to keep moving.  Keep pressing forward to finish the rep count.  She told me she was proud of me.  You have no idea how much I needed these words.  I've worked out with her before when I was in better shape, and could maintain a closer gap in the weights that we both utilized, but yesterday it was staring me in the face how much strength and conditioning I had lost.  But you know what?  I let it bother me for all of a minute.  I reminded myself that I will get back to where I want to be and it helps, not hinders, to surround yourself with encouraging people who will push you.  She is exactly what and who I needed last night.  You'll be hearing me post more about her.  I must think of a cute little name for her.  But for now, here is how she violently destroyed my lower extremities.







I remember when we were on leg extensions and she said she "Only was starting hers at 55#" (she increased the weights every set) and I thought, "We can both move more that that!"  No.  No sir.  After everything prior, my legs were shot.  When we were on the treadmill and she was performing 30 seconds on and 30 seconds off of sprinting (I think she was on a 7 incline at 9.8 speed) I was doing well to keep my legs under me.  I turned to her to say something and my right knee buckled sending me into panic mode as I thought I was about to be catapulted off the back end of the thing. 

I went home and took an Epsom salt bath which is supposed to help with inflamation and soothe muscles.  Lies.  LIES!  I am waddling everywhere today.  I am thankful that we have a bathroom stall at the office with the pullup bar thing as I have used it - which isn't easy considering my arms are still sore from the arm workout the other night. 

I am not sure the workout I'll do this evening, but it will be something!  I may do some tabata training as I'll not be able to get to the gym this evening. 

We had a pot luck for Thanksgiving at my office.  I kept to the Eat to Live plan less having a spoonful of sweet potatoes.  I'm not going to go off base.  I veered away from the mashed potatoes, bread, cakes, pies, chips.  This is big for me.  I'll update tomorrow...probably from the couch as my legs surely won't be working come tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I love this Katie. People, when this woman get motivated there's no stopping her. The strong willed individual, athlete, friend, and mother is driven and focused. Goals have been set and I know and have seen before, she wont stop til she gets there. Ans when she is there, she will reassess and form new goals. I love this lady! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete